25 Gorgeous Henna Designs
Henna tattoos are a beautiful and traditional way of doing temporary body art. It is made from a henna plant grown in North Africa and South Asia and leaves you with a design for one to two weeks depending on your skin tone. You’ve probably seen Henna artists when you have been on vacation in Europe or Africa as they are a very popular choice, with a beautiful choice of designs, but you can buy Henna paste and try out designs too! Stuck for ideas? We’ve got the top 25 Henna designs you can practice at home!
11 How To Apply Henna Paste
1) Exfoliate your skin so it is nice and smooth, before washing it with soap (non lotion based) and water. If you have oily skin, add a bit of alcohol with a coton pad.
2) Squeeze out your desired amount with the tube end close to the skin. The thicker the paste, the darker the color will be, so feel free to experiment with different colors and lines!
If you have made a mistake, be sure to wipe off the paste as soon as possible!
3) Once you have finished, wipe the tube end and put the lid back on before putting it in the fridge, this keeps it fresh and stops the tube from drying out.
4) Wait an hour minimum for your drawing to dry, and scrape off the dry henna with your fingernail. The longer you leave the henna the darker it will be.
If you want your design to last longer, there are several ways of protecting it:
- Wear gloves when you are washing your hair.
- Add Henna oil over your design before getting into contact with water.
- No exfoliating soaps!
- Wear gloves when you are in contact with chemicals (dish soap, and other cleaning products).
22 The Anklet
33 A Bit Of Tradition
44 Mandala Designs
This is a Mandala design, which consists of a circle, representing ones wholeness and “radial balance”, meaning a visual balance due to its perfect symmetry. It is a very spiritual design. It takes skill, but if you have the knack for intricate designs, practice this one. We recommend an attempt on paper before drawing it out on your skin.
55 Mandala Mehndi Designs
66 White Hennas
77 The Armcuff
88 At The Reach Of Your Fingertips
99 Modern-Day Simple Henna Designs
1010 Hand Henna Bracelet
1111 Feathers And Swirls Henna Hand Designs
1212 Basic Feet Mehandi Designs
1313 The Ring
1414 Floral Design
1515 Walking On Sunshine
1717 All Over
1818 Ancient Vs. Modern
2020 Shoulder Pieces
This may seem fairly obvious but you would need to do
this on someone else, or get someone to draw it on you, it’s not the easiest spot to reach! This would look awesome with a bikini or a swimsuit, and make you look like you had travelled even though you may have not been any further than the next city. Wear with a kaki bikini for a natural earthy look!