20 Cute Nail Designs for Birthday
Have you got a birthday coming up? Whether it is your own or a pal’s, not only does your outfit have to be on point, but your make up too – and that includes your nails, girls. Like an accessory, they can totally transform an outfit and make a statement. There are styles for everyone in this list, for those who love their sparkles to the nail art beginners who aren’t quite at ease with nail art.
11 A Touch Of Sparkle!
22 Marc Jacobs Inspired
33 White Nails
44 Black And Gold
55 The French Manicure
66 How To Get The Perfect French Manicure
2) Trim your nails into your desired shape. If you are not sure, check out the shape chart we have found! Don’t forget to file and buff them too, this is a vital step that will determine the outcome for your manicure!
3) Soak your nails in a bowl of warm water to soften your cuticles, this will make it easier to push them back. Then, dry them off with a towel.
4) Gently push back your cuticles and trim off any dead skin.
5) Apply the base coat by painting the first stripe down the center of the nail, then two more stripes on either side to make sure the application is even. After this, fill in the whole nail with the same polish.
6) Paint your nail tips with white polish, the amount of white you use should correspond to the amount of whiteness you have on your real nail, otherwise it will look super tacky and make your nails look tiny!
7) Finally, add a clear coat of varnish over all the nails to protect them and also help them last longer.
77 Fake Nails
99 Neon Colours
1111 A French Manicure With A Difference
1212 Nail Transfers
Hold the nail decal in a small bowl of water with tweezers for thirty seconds before sliding the white paper off and placing it on the nail.
1313 Get A Bit Technical
1414 Fairy Dust
1515 Mix And Match
1616 The Birthday Present
1717 Galaxy Nails
1) Prepare your nails, even if this time you are not using clear nail varnish, this will make sure everything is smooth and even. Add a clear coat to protect and seal the nail.
2) Paint the background colour – we recommend a deep dark colour like black, dark purple or blue.
3) Add small specks of glittery nail varnish to create an effect of distant stars. No big flecks allowed!
4) Chose your galaxy colors – find a picture and chose the two to three colors that you like, galaxies can be of any shade really!
5) Cut a tiny bit of sponge off and with some tweezers, dab the colours on one by one with the sponge.
6) Cover the nail with a transparent polish with a hint of glitter in it, then add larger glitter chunks.
7) With a nail art brush or a dotting tool, add small white specks to create an impression of distance. You can also draw on stars with a dotting tool but this is optional.
8) Finally, once it is all dry, add a coat of transparent polish to protect the layers.
1818 Fish Egg Nails
1) Prepare your nails before applying a thin clear coat on all your nails.
2) Paint several layers of base coat over your nails – if you want your nails to dry quicker, apply two thin layers of polish instead one thick one.
3) Paint your ombre colors in straight horizontal lines onto a sponge. The width of the sponge should be that of your nail. The first color should be lighter than the second. Normally, two or three cute nail colors are chosen to create an ombre look. Dip the sponge in water before use.
4) Stamp the colors onto your nails by rolling the sponge from one nail to the other without lifting the sponge – you will get nail varnish over your fingers but you can get this off by using a Q Tip and nail polish remover.
5) Finally, add a top coat of clear polish.